Saturday, January 3, 2009

Our Trip To Australia

We set aside last night to virtually visit Australia. This was our second stop in our passport, the first being China. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures to show you and even sorrier (is that a word?) to report that I didn't serve an Australian meal (and dinner at Outback was out of the question).

If you've ever seen Finding Nemo you'll remember that Nemo was being kept in Australia so it was fun for the boys to learn more about The Great Barrier Reef and Sydney along with all the other great history and facts of Australia.

I think next time I will offer to let the boys look at the book ahead of time and see how much the can remember when it's time for our "trip". I like to keep the destination a mystery but I'm not certain they soak in as much information as I would like for them too. Here's hoping that Mom's top secret mission of having fun while learning doesn't get found out too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts and reflections!