Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tea Party

Who says tea parties are for girls?  My boys love to have tea parties!  We used to try to have them about once a week but have really been slacking lately.  So last week we decided we were due for one.  They love to go through all my special tea cups and pick out the one they want to use that day.
 Usually I make one pot of tea but we were out of sugar and I had a craving for chai so we had a variety tray this day.
 A small plate with the last two sugar substitutes, milk (don't use cream in your tea, it's too heavy for the delicate tea), and homemade marshmallows.
 Our usual bakery was closed for the holidays so we picked up donuts from our favorite donut shop.  What does that say about us that we have a favorite bakery AND a favorite donut shop?
 A cheesy pose.
 The ubiquitous toast.  Not quite sure that this is appropriate with tea cups but whatever.
We use this tea time to learn about manners.  We usually try to use cloth napkins and it's the only time the napkins actually make it to the laps.  I let the boys take turns being the host and asking "one lump or two?"

Someday soon we'll have to try a proper Cream tea complete with scones and clotted cream and lemon curd - oh my!

2 comments:

  1. can we come when u have clotted cream and lemon curd w/ scones? I love all the activities u do w/ your boys. The supper for daddy was cute too.You r a wonderful woman Jenni and a model for some young ladies to learn from. (Also middle aged women too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! My son has been a part of our tea parties since birth as my daughter is set on including him like one of her dolls (oh dear)--maybe he'll enjoy them as he gets older. I wanted to let you know I picked your blog as one of my recipients for the Stylish Blog Award--check it out here http://roadtheory.blogspot.com/2011/01/happy-new-year-and-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts and reflections!