Saturday, March 6, 2010

"Special" Plate

We have a new tradition in our home. It's called the "Special" Plate. It's not my original idea and it started here entirely by accident. When I mentioned to Mr. Steady that I thought I would just get rid of two sets of Christmas dishes because one set only had four place settings and the second set was only a setting for one he suggested just making the loner set a "special" set. And so every time someone brought home a good grade on a paper or was caught being nice to their brother or went a whole day without having an accident they got to use the special plate. Like I said, it's not a new concept but who knew we'd hit jackpot in motivation? Those boys would do anything to get the special plate! On days where no one earned the special plate Daddy or Mommy would take turns using it.


Recently Mr. Steady was ever so kind to let me splurge on this Celebrate! plate that matches our everyday dishes with the addition of the word Celebrate! and colored stars all around the perimeter. The Reader was the first to be able to use it by passing a benchmark in his math facts. I even let him pick what vegetable to have with dinner. I know, right! Actually, The Reader loves vegetables so this actually was a treat for him. Yes, I know that is a mammoth piece of bread and the net carbs for this meal were probably sky high, thankyouverymuch :o)!

2 comments:

  1. CORRECTION - That is actually a crumb of bread. The plate is just much smaller then a regular dinner plate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UR TOO FUNNY!!! NET CARBS, WHICH IS AFTER U SUBTRACTED DIETARY FIBER!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts and reflections!