Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Kenya

MckMama and MckDaddy are joining a handful of other bloggers and Compassion International for the next week and a half traveling all over Kenya and visiting their Compassion program already set up there. A tiny piece of my heart is in Kenya even though I've never been there. I just feel a connection to it I can't explain. Our church has a mission there and we are very fond of the missionaries serving there. I can't wait to see what the Kenya team presents to us but if it's anything like Marlboro Man's and Angie Smith's trips I double-dog dare you to read their posts and not have your heart broken at their words and tears threaten to spill out with every picture. The children's eyes and smiles get me every time.



I know things are really tight for everyone right now and I know it feels like you've given all you can to Haiti and other very relevant and important things. But Compassion is making a huge impact in these children's lives and the children in Kenya need our support. Please prayerfully consider sponsoring a child through Compassion International. Compassion is a four star charity, over 80% of expenditures go directly to the child program. Very, very few worldwide or even national charities can say this.



If you can't sponsor right now you can do one thing even better - pray. Pray for the safety of the bloggers and the team. Pray that God would break their hearts for Him and His children. Pray that millions of people would read their stories and see their pictures and their hearts would be equally broken and give.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts and reflections!