Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Shoes Have It

I am in so much trouble. I have wanted three boys for as long as I can remember. I even have a letter that I wrote to a friend in 1992 that said "I want to marry a nice man and have three boys." When I was little I wanted a baby brother. A lot of my friends were boys. I have never once regretted not having a girl.


(I wanted to add a disclaimer here that I have nothing *against* girls. I love each of you girls and appreciate you! I just think God designed me with a heart for boys. If God were to bless us in the future with a girl I would be tickled pink. But I do love my boys.)


When my brother-in-law and his wife found out the twins they are expecting are a boy and a girl I was thrilled for them. But I never thought that being an aunt to a little girl again would affect me very much.


Enter the shoes.


I said "Oh my stinking heck" out loud! I said that! Then, without batting another eyelash I plopped them into my cart. Actually, that is a lie. There was another, equally adorable, pair that I considered for a second.

People, this little girl is still in uetero and I have already bought her two pairs of shoes! The other pair are raspberry colored mary janes. And the child is not even mine! I do not know how you mommas who actually have to shoe your girls stand it. How can you not buy every last pair of mary janes?

I do not have this problem with girls clothes. I look at them, admire them, and then I walk away. But man, oh man, those shoes. I am not allowed in any girls shoe department ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts and reflections!