What to Pray for Non-Christians
1. That God draws them to Himself
• John 6:44 "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him..."
2. That they seek to know God
• Acts 17:27 "God did this so that men would see Him and perhaps reached out for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us."
3. That they believe the Scriptures
• 1 Thessalonians 2:13 "And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the word of God..."
• Romans 10:17 "Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ."
4. That Satan is bound from blinding them to the truth
• Matthew 13:19 "When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown with his heart..."
• 2 Corinthians 4:4 "The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is in the image of God."
5. That the Holy Spirit works in them
• John 16:8-13 "When (the Holy Spirit) comes, He will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment...He will guide you into all truth..."
6. That God sends someone to lead them to Christ
• Matthew 9:37, 38 "Then He said to His disciples, 'The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into His harvest field.'"
7. That they believe in Christ as Savior
• John 1:12 "Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God."
• John 5:24 "I tell you the truth, whoever heard My word and believes Him who send Me has eternal life and will not be condemned: He has crossed over from death to life."
8. That they turn from sin
• Acts 17:30, 31 "...(God) commands all people everywhere to repent."
• Acts 3:19 "Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord."
9. That they confess Christ as Lord
• Romans 10:9-10 "...if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."
10. That they yield all to follow Christ
• 2 Corinthians 5:15 "And He died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for Him who died for them and was raised again."
• Philippians 3:7-8 "But whatever was to my profit I not consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus, my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish that I may gain Christ..."
11. That they root and grow in Christ
• Colossians 2:6-7 "So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthen in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
**Author unknown to me