Friday, June 4, 2010

My Mommy Goals for This Summer

I just found This Blessed Nest through a series of clicks from another blog {sigh, I bet you never get sucked into the vortex of blog clicks, do you?} She posted her summer mommy goals and I thought it was a fantastic idea.Spend time with my children - be active and present as much as possible. After reading Homeschooling for the Rest of Us I realize I need to rebuild relationships. My newly self-imposed rule for myself is no Internet or phone with the boys are home and awake. This doesn't mean I'm their playmate, it means I'm available to them.

Pray with my children - be intentional about Bible study and reading God's word.


Teach my children - put aside flashcards and workbooks and focus on personal and life skills. Our boys already help out gobs around the house but I want to make it more purposeful. My job as a mother is to prepare them to be adults and if I'm good at it I'll work myself out of a job.



Read with my children - they love to be read to and sometimes bedtime doesn't afford the luxury of reading. The Thinker and The Reader are quite the voracious readers but it's still fun to read aloud to them. We are finishing up Carry On, Mr. Bowditch and then I have great list a Christian sister shared with me to work through.





Gardening - we will have a very small garden this year and also help my dad with his garden.
Biking & Hiking - move more and move together.
Have fun - is there anything better than seeing smiles on your children's faces and hearing their laughter? One of my sons continually tells me "I'm so glad you're my mom". Be still my beating heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts and reflections!