Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Muffin Tin MondayTuesday Wednesday


Where has this week gone? I can't believe it's Wednesday already! Monday found us out and about so we picked up lunch at the mall. As a result, we had Muffin Tin Monday on Tuesday. The theme was Christmas Morning breakfast. When I was growing up it was a tradition to have buttermilk waffles and "rolly" sausage. When I married and had children of my own I discovered what a time suck making waffles two at a time is and realized it was taking precious time away from my family on Christmas morning. So we started having waffles and rolly sausage for supper on Tree Trimming night. I also added fried apples to the menu. Mr. Steady and I both enjoy the syrup from the apples on top of the waffle - yum, yum.
Here is The Entertainers Christmas Morning Breakfast Lunch in a Muffin Tin. Or something. Clockwise from the top left are sprinkles for his apples, half a sausage burrito (the closest thing I had to rolly sausage), syrup, melted peanut butter (I saw this idea on someone else's MTM when it was an apple theme, so smart), waffle sticks, and apple slices. The idea was to dip the waffle or apple in the peanut butter then dip in the sprinkles but of course, The Entertainer prefers to eat his sprinkles by licking his finger and dipping in. He thinks sprinkles are a food group all to themselves.
Surprisingly, he only left one apple slice. It was a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts and reflections!