Friday, February 27, 2009

More on Presidents

So many of you have commented to me that you checked out What Presidents Are Made Of and, for the most part, liked it. Although I do agree with my friend Lori that it is a little bias on George W. Bush but it seems like these days most everyone in mainstream is.


Anyhow, I picked up The Presidential Book of Lists: From Most to Least, Elected to Rejected, Worst to Cursed mostly for myself and it is chock full of useless but fun information!



Everything you never knew you wanted to know about every President ever elected. Topics like who lived longest, who died youngest, the five tallest and shortest Presidents, who shared birthdays, who had the most children, most popular pre-Presidential jobs. Just really good stuff that will help you sleep better at night.

This is a must-have for all you teachers and homeschoolers out there!

We are still plugging through our Presidents but not as quickly as I would like. We have fallen behind schedule a bit but we are enjoying it. I am learning as much, if not more, than the boys are.

I would also highly suggest checking out the HBO documentary on John Adams. It should be available at your local library. I never knew very much about President Adams and now he runs a close second behind Abraham Lincoln as my favorite president. Adams did so much for the roots of this country and does not receive near the amount of credit he ought to. I'm off my soap box now...but do check out the movie. Laura Linney is fantastic in it as Abigail Adams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts and reflections!