Saturday, September 27, 2008

An Old Friend Grows Up

I have an old childhood friend, her name is Hot Chocolate. Well, that's what we used to call her when we were little. As we grew up, she matured and preferred to be called Hot Cocoa. Then she got her big break with Starbucks and now she goes by Drinking Chocolate. I remember her with mini marshmallows and chunks of powdery bits at the bottom of the mug. My dad remembers her as being made of Hershey's syrup and warm milk, I think he must be thinking of a different friend called Chocolate Milk Gone Wrong. These days The Artist Formerly Known As Hot Chocolate is rich, smooth, and darker than ever.


And when Drinking Chocolate goes out, she accessorizes like it's nobody's business. Just like it's nobody's business how many cups of her I've had in the past two weeks.



Thanks KennyD for reintroducing me to an old friend who is all grown up. As a side note, when hot cocoa directions end with something to the effect of "Equally luxurious by the handful" you know you're in for a real treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts and reflections!