Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Birthday BabyBoy!

Today is your second birthday! I can't believe we've been blessed to spend two sweet years together! You are a joy and a balm to my soul. You had a rough start and a couple of speed bumps along the way but God has given you such a spirit and a smile that smooth everything over.

You are a ham and love to make people laugh. You love to dance and sing, at church you grab any book that resembles a hymnal and just start singing. I know your song delights God as much as it does your daddy and me. You love to help, setting the table, emptying the dishwasher, sweeping the floor. You live big, you scream big, you cry big, and you laugh big. You only say two words "Mama" and "hot" but somehow you get every single thing you want. You refuse to have anything in your crib, no blanket, no pillow. You are your brothers' sun, moon and stars. Each morning, FirstbornSon cuddles with me in bed and within five minutes always asks if he can get you out of your crib, even when you are not yet awake.

I always wanted three boys. Kristine found a letter I wrote to her in March 1992. It said, "...I want to get married to a nice man and have three little boys...". God heard my heart and granted my prayer but he made those three little boys the sweetest things you ever laid eyes on and that "nice man" is 1000 times more than I ever dreamed.

Thank you, Abba Father, for BabyBoy. Thank you for never leaving his side while he was in the NICU. Thank you for helping him plug along when he couldn't gain weight. Thank you for your healing hand when he had his febrile seizure. Thank you for sitting with me through all the sleepless nights with earaches, toothaches, and just I-want-to-be-with-Mommy-aches. Bless him, Father, and may he always follow and serve you above all. I pray that as he grows, he would do so in wisdom, and in stature, and in favor with you. Help Mr. Steady and I to be the parents you designed us to be and may we always reflect your will and love for our children. Amen.

Happy Birthday BabyBoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts and reflections!