Saturday, December 1, 2012

Crate-spiration

Last year when I read Monica's post about creating beauty I was instantly inspired.  She took an old Coca-Cola crate and filled it with items she had around her house.  As an aside - am I the only one whom, after reading The Help, wants to pronounce it Co-Cola?  Here is her original crate

I immediately thought of a black obscure crate that I purchased for $5 at a garage sale some years ago.  I love this crate but it is so large and unwieldy that I never know what to do with it.  Nevertheless, I immediately got started on my own crate.

I am a shameless copy-cat and used dried green peas and cranberries as well.  Mr. Steady cut some pine boughs from the neighbor's tree overhanging our yard which I tucked in here and there.  I scoured the house for tin and galvanized containers and rounded up all my white tealights and votives.  I also gathered my gingerbread cookie cutters and choose the best gingerbread man I had just baked.

I popped three green apples into a spot on the middle and called it good.  

It was so pretty sitting in the middle of the table and it made me smile every time I saw it.  It had to get moved around a lot, most days we left it on the kitchen island/table to keep the dining room table free for....well, dining.

Thanks, Monica, for the inspiration!


2 comments:

  1. How neat! And I would never do anything without seeing an inspiration somewhere!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts and reflections!