Taken from "Too Busy Not to Pray" by Bill Hybels
1. Prayerlessness (James 4:2) "You do not have because you do not ask God."
- Have I prayed earnestly, fervently, purposefully, expectantly?
- Am I expecting God to fill my needs?
- Am I tolerating sin in my life? Do I need to make a "sin list"?
- Is there an unmended relationship in my life? Have I sincerely tried to restore the relationship?
- Are my prayers short-sighted and self-centered or do they follow Jesus' model of the Lord's prayer?
- Do my prayers reflect God's character of concern and compassion?
- Do I believe that God is able? That he is the mountain-mover.