Tuesday, November 15, 2011

End of Molasses Classes

The boys and I recently listened to The End of Molasses Classes by Ron Clark.  I typically prefer paper pages over audiobooks but you simply must skip the hardback and listen to Ron tell the story.  I have been watching this man since he won the Disney Teacher of the Year award in 2000.

This book is a must-read for teachers and parents whose children go to a brick and mortar school.  Homeschooling parents can glean a lot from Mr. Clark as well.  I do not agree with everything he says, but keeping in mind his students and their background, you cannot help but admire Ron Clark and the entire staff, parents, and students at The Ron Clark Academy.

  In the audio version, Ron adds his trademark "y'all" and guffaws in his wonderful Nawth Carolina accent...you will be entertained beyond belief.  I laughed out loud at several parts and even teared up at several.  I'm not exactly sure but I'm pretty certain Mr. Clark even chokes up a little at the end. 

Check it out and see how you can get your own kids unstuck!

1 comment:

  1. I love checking out books other people recommend and this one definitely sounds interesting and fun. Really, I just like recommendations. It doesn't have to just be books. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts and reflections!