Saturday, December 11, 2010

Crunchy Crazy Caroler Cookies


Say that five times fast!  I had clipped a picture out of one of those recipe idea booklets years ago of these cookies.  Sadly the page I clipped didn't have any markings as to where it came from so I can't give credit where it's due.  Tonight was our Christmas caroling and we always gather together when we are done for chili and snacks.  So I knew these cookies would be perfect.  You simply make sugar cookies, cut them into circles, cut a mouth using a straw (or the bottom of a funnel), then bake and decorate.  You might have to re-shape the mouth when the cookies come out of the oven.  I found a medicine syringe worked great for the warm cookies.

I was decorating this cookie, after having flopped the blond hair color I was going for (The Reader said it looked like boiled eggs yolks - you know the overcooked greenish gray ones?) and making more of a gray color.  I decided to have a little, okay a lot of fun and make one look like a man at our church.  I added a beard to another one.  Well, the boys just thought that was all kinds of silly and egged me on.  Suddenly our children's choir turned into a whole church choir.
 Then I remembered all the beautiful colors of skin we are so very blessed with at our church and decided to try some gingerbread dough as well.  This is one of the families at church with their newly adopted children.

 One of our elders and ministers, hee hee.
 And Mr. Steady, even though the eye color is wrong (I think Brother Keith's eyes are wrong too, I think he has blue eyes?)
I can't get these next two pictures straight, sorry!  You'll have to turn your head to see them :o)

Great fun, good times.  They are singing
"He rules the world with truth and grace, and makes the nations prove the glories of His righteousness, and wonders of His love, and wonders of His love, and wonders, wonders, of His love."
Hey, they're my cookies, I can make them sing whatever I want, no?

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!!!! They are so cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are d-a-r-l-i-n-g!!! :) So sad we had to miss the caroling....sick kids, again :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. These crack me up! So fun!!!! Am I missing the link to be a "follower" of your blog?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts and reflections!