Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Plate O' Praise

Last week I was looking for something in our bedroom closet. I was so thankful to Mr. Steady that he had installed lights in several of our closets last fall. I intended to write him a note to tell him so but couldn't find a piece of paper to save my life. So I grabbed a dry erase marker and a plate. I wrote a note to Mr. Steady and to each of the boys thanking them for something. I placed it on the dinner table and Mr. Steady named it the Plate O' Praise. The next day I intended to write something on it again but found that Mr. Steady had beat me to it. He beat me to it the next day too.
The day after that The Thinker wrote "Mommy, thank you for brekfust". The next day The Reader wrote "everyone you make me (happy)"

When friends came over this weekend I decided to include them in our Plate O' Praise as well. Who knew an impromptu note would become such an integral part of our day? The boys love to read their notes and Mr. Steady and I are blessed by notes from the boys and each other.

1 comment:

  1. GREAT IDEA!!!! IM GONNA TRY IT HERE TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS!!! PRAY FOR ME!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts and reflections!