Tuesday, December 16, 2008

High Tea Lemon Cookies

I found this recipe complete with beautiful pictures on this website. I bookmarked it and decided I couldn't hold off making them any longer. The cookie is almost a shortbread and not quite as lemony as I would have thought but when you put the icing atop...wow. It's good.
Here's what you'll need (notice no eggs - add this to your repertoire of recipes when you are out of eggs and company is coming)
And here is the final result...they are everything the author promised.

The added bonus was the delicious aroma that tickled my nose when I came back home. I might just have to zest a lemon more often, if only for the aroma!

1 comment:

  1. I think the author of this article spoke in code at one point. Please allow mw to break the code for you;

    *Company* *Comp**any*
    *Comp* My
    *any* Husband

    Thus it should read "(notice no eggs - add this to your repertoire of recipes when you are out of eggs and MY HUSBAND is coming)"

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts and reflections!