Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Everyday Meal


I'm feeling pretty yucky today. Can't decide if it's a bug or what. Consequently I'm not really eating, save for a sleeve of saltines I've been snacking on and a glass of milk I thought might help. But I'm thinking of food. I'm thinking of what I would like to eat if I could.


One of my favorite things to eat is a grilled cheese sandwich, with soup this time of year. Brown, wheat bread slathered in butter and filled with cheese, grilled until crispy on the outside but gooey on the inside. I like to eat mine with chicken noodle or tomato soup and dunk the sandwich in the soup.


I would eat grilled cheese everyday if I could. As it is, I serve it more often than Mr. Steady would like. I order grilled cheese when I'm at a restaurant if I feel like it, and truth be told the standard American on white is just as good as any gourmet four cheese on artisan bread. It's all good to me.


What food could you eat everyday if you could get by with it?

3 comments:

  1. I tried getting away with eating Macaroni and Cheese pizza all day at Cici's pizza buffet not to long ago but the manager came out and said I had to leave after I finnished my 14th pizza. HOW RUDE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a good thing your anonymous person is anonymous. He is disgusting.Hows the old tummer feeling this morning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you're not feeling well and I hope you feel better soon.

    I love grilled cheese and soup too, especially on a cold winter day. I like whole wheat bread, the kind with flax seeds and stuff in it. The only kind of cheese I use on grilled cheese is real American and I like it grilled lightly, no burnt places.

    If I could eat anything everyday it would be Krispy Kreme doughnuts for sure, the ones hot off the press. I sincerely hope that when I get to heaven there is a KK tree that has doughnuts that nourish you and never make you fat no matter how many dozens you scarf down.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts and reflections!