Monday, June 30, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook for June 30, 2008

Visit Peggy's for more Daybook Entries.



FOR TODAY



Outside my Window...is a cloud filled sky but the sun is trying its best to stick it out.



I am thinking...of when I can get out to the garage to strip my antique armoire and how I'm going to refinish it...paint or stain? It's headed for the playroom.



I am thankful for...a thoughtful friend who picked cherries for me today (even pitted and froze them! Thank you!) and children who slept in this morning so that I was able to get a few extra things done despite the fact that I slept in too!



From the kitchen...Stuffed Shells and Garlic Crescents



I am creating...a plant stand out of an old bar stool



I am going...to enjoy being home today



I am wearing...denim skirt and black tee (perhaps this is my Monday uniform?)



I am reading...A Life That Says Welcome (I took a break last week from it to read The Indian in the Cupboard, previewing it for a read-aloud for the boys)



I am hoping...that Mr. Steady comes home early today so I can work a little longer to catch up.



I am hearing...nothing but the hum of the computer



Around the house...Mr. Steady has a list of small things to do today, all of which involve either a drill, screws or both.



One of my favorite things...my Greenhouse candles that I forgot I had and found this week



A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...it's Picnic in the Park week with the moms and children from church



Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...inspiration for my kitchen, go see more of this beautiful kitchen at Cherry Hill Cottage. I have similar color paint chips hanging in my kitchen right now, I just can't commit to painting the cabinets anything wild and exciting right now. Maybe I'll do a bright color on armoire for the play room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts and reflections!