Monday, January 16, 2012

Today's Tidbit of Helpful Information: Gifting a Pie Plate

Picture from allposters
Here is a cute poem to include when you give a new bride (or anyone) a new pie plate:

Apple turnover,
Strawberry tart.
That's the way
To any man's heart.

Deep-dish cherry,
Apple pie...
That's how to keep him
Till you die.

And success is gauged
By this simple test;
With pastry or man,
A light hand's best.

**I believe this is from Taste of Home or Country magazine.

My dad might not always like me sharing this story but when he and my mom were going through a particularly rough patch I asked him what made him stay and he replied, with a twinkle in his eye, "She makes a really good pie."  Not long after that I spotted a sign that said "Pie fixes everything."  A similar sign with the same sentiment now hangs in my dad's kitchen. :o)

I am in commando declutter mode around here. I have been clipping and saving little bits of helpful information throughout my married life....and that's it. Just saving them. Sometimes they are in my nightstand drawer, a folder, the junk drawer, the cookbook, etc. I know a great idea is to store them in a household binder but I am not even remotely interested in adding ANYTHING else to this house right now. So in an effort to rid my house of these little bits and bobs of paper, I'm going to post them here, like a cork board...my own Pinterest, if you will.




1 comment:

  1. Very cute poem. And good idea on creating your own Pinterest!I get in decluttering fits every so often-need to more often!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts and reflections!