Saturday, October 15, 2011

When You Can't See the Difference

Late in the week during our trip to Torreon, I started to feel really discouraged and defeated.  Was I making any kind of difference at all?  Was I more of a burden than a blessing?  What was the point of my being there?  On our last day there, I climbed a large hill next to the Indian House and watched the sun come up.  I asked God all of these questions and more.  Here is how He answered:

 Look at the sunrise - when you begin in the dark and it is gradually getting lighter around you, you don't notice the change from moment to moment.  You know it's getting lighter but it's unmeasurable just by looking at it.

 And so it is when God is working through us.  You don't notice the difference but it's there.  It's not something tangible and measurable, we just have to trust that the change is there.  After all, the change isn't about us and we can't take any of the glory - it's His.  If there is a seed planted, a weed pulled away, a seedling watered, a harvest gathered - it's His.  Maybe He did use me to make a difference to one person, maybe the only difference He made was in me, whatever difference was made - it's His.
 "Once more Jesus addressed the crowd. He said, I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me will not be walking in the dark, but will have the Light which is Life." John 8:12 AMP





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts and reflections!