Friday, October 1, 2010

It's Time To Order Thanksgiving Books!

If you've been reading here for a while you know that I love books and reading.  I especially love picture books.  In order to get the best selection of holiday books I like to put them on reserve at the library about a month before I actually want them.  Since I like to build up anticipation and prepare for a holiday (and also since the day after Thanksgiving I want to pick up my Christmas books) I usually request books around the first of October.  I have a teacher's card which allows me to keep books a tad longer than usual (if you are a homeschooler, request a teacher's card!) so this typically isn't a problem. 

I shared my exhaustive list with you last year, here are a few more titles I'm adding this year:
The Littlest Pilgrim (Dougherty)
Hide and Seek Turkeys (Enderle)
Too Many Turkeys (White)
Tobias Turkey (Robbins)
Countdown to Thanksgiving (Huelin)
Saying Grace (Kroll)
More Snacks! A Thanksgiving Play (Terry)
Who Stole Grandma's Million Dollar Pie? (Freeman)
Beauty and the Beaks (Auch)

And though I've never read a Thanksgiving novel before these two titles jumped out at me so I'm adding them to my stack:
The Diva Runs Out of Thyme (Davis)
Thanksgiving at the Inn (Whitney)

1 comment:

  1. I would also highly recommend "Thanksgiving: A Time To Remember" by Barbara Rainey. You are welcome to borrow mind if you'd like....assuming I can find it ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts and reflections!