Monday, July 26, 2010

Patriotic Birthday Party

As soon as I opened Wendi's swap box I knew just when I would use all the fantabulous patriotic picnic goodies she sent us. My dad's birthday is July 2 and since we were out of town on the 4th I set it all aside for his party. The Entertainer asked me for two weeks "Today Grandpa party?"

It all looked smashing among the 20 ears of corn and two watermelons! Later 18 chicken breasts were added to the table as well. We had two surprise visitors - my aunt and uncle came from Indiana to help celebrate.

As always, my mom was sorely missed and I'm so grateful to my aunt for taking a little of the sting out of the day. Love you Aunt Pat!

Thanks, again, Wendi for the lovely swap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts and reflections!