Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Making Your Home a Haven - Day 2

Today was Clean Day over at Monica's. I started the day reading Psalm 101, something I've been trying to do everyday but have fell far short of the goal.

I didn't get anything done on my list which looked like this:
  • Finish bedroom
  • Wipe down woodwork in bedroom
  • Put away stack of linens sitting in dining room on a side chair
  • Fold laundry & keep it going
  • Write thank you notes
  • Write "Thinking of You" note to G.

I did get to some things not on my list, I emptied three laundry baskets of clean clothes (yes three and I still have two or three more (at least) to do). This is an area I really struggle with: laundry. I either don't do it at all, or if I do do it take forever to fold it, and then if I can get as far as folding it it just sits in a laundry basket and we live out of laundry baskets forever. I did not fold any laundry or keep it going today. I must, must, must do this tomorrow.

I also re hung the boys clothes sorters in their closets. I have some hanging shoe organizers and use it to put each day's outfit in. This way there are no hurt feelings over what shirts match which pants, wearing school clothes when you should be wearing play clothes, and "did you change your underwear today". We had spent a couple of months at my parents this summer and took the organizers over there. I hadn't hung them back up since we came home and mornings have been quite hairy around here.

I also organized some things in our bedroom some more. And there is a list on the chalkboard with assignments to get the rest of the stuff out of the bedroom that is to be completed by tomorrow evening.

So even though I didn't get through much on my list I did feel like I accomplished a few things and will start my day tomorrow asking God, again, to work through me that I might accomplish His will and not simply get through my own to-do list.

Tomorrow Monica is focusing on Caring For our Havens. Check in with her to see what she has planned.

1 comment:

  1. I always struggle when I don't get through my list...I have to remind myself that I got SOMETHING done. (if I did!!) I also try to remember that it's not MY schedule...but HIS!

    (those two sentences are all about me...I...myself...YUCK.)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts and reflections!